Embarking on the journey to build your own wellness and fitness business can be both exhilarating and challenging. The desire to make a positive impact on people’s lives is often hindered by the complexities of starting and growing a venture. In this blog, we’ll guide you through the 13 crucial steps to build a successful wellness and fitness business, emphasising how innovative solutions can make the process more accessible, cost-effective, and rewarding.
1. Define Your Target Market: Understanding your audience is the cornerstone of any successful business. Insights into potential clients empower you to tailor your offerings to meet their specific needs, allowing your fitness venture to thrive. Do not sell your classes to all people and all levels, get really specific.
For e.g; beginners in online yoga who are pre-and postal natal women
2. Choose Your Style of Class: Whether it’s high-intensity workouts, mindfulness sessions, or dance fitness, flexibility in curating your classes ensures a perfect fit for your target audience and a showcase of your expertise and passion.
3. Determine Your Preferred Environment: Break free from the limitations of traditional gym spaces. Choose between conducting classes outdoors, online, or in rented areas to align your business with your vision and provide a unique experience for your clients.
4. Capture Content: From the very start, stage your classes and offer a free class as a gesture of goodwill. Capturing content during these sessions not only showcases the experience but also builds trust and it also sells the experience. Sharing visuals of clients enjoying themselves and benefiting from your services adds significant value to your marketing efforts.
5. Minimise Costs: Bid farewell to exorbitant gym rents of £2,000 per month and the financial burden of building a business from scratch working with the costs of several platforms. Protect your runway to keep yourself in the market as long as possible to pick up new clients. Explore affordable alternatives for training spaces, allowing you to invest more in providing an exceptional fitness experience.
6. Reduce Time and Risk: Accelerate your business growth by streamlining administrative tasks. Automate invoices, payments and class schedules. This will help you focus on your core expertise, reduce the burden of tasks such as wasting valuable time that is not your core skills which will minimise risks and increase success.
7. Utilise Sales and Marketing Tools: Leverage built-in sales and marketing tools to promote your classes effectively. From eye-catching promotions, refer a friend links, easy sign up, to lead generation, these tools ensure your business stands out in a crowded market. Connect your website to your BUA profile and be on the first page of Google search.
8. Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: Worried about the risks associated with the fitness industry? Obtain comprehensive insurance coverage, protecting you and your clients and allowing you to operate with peace of mind.
9. Tap into Community Leads: Building a community is vital for any wellness business. Connect with potential clients and foster a supportive community for shared leads, collaboration opportunities, and networking with like-minded professionals. On BUA have 1000s of people signed up to book into classes and are looking for the best trainers and coaches in London.
10. Embrace Income Opportunities: Diversify revenue streams by exploring income opportunities within the industry. Partner with brands and get paid to teach your favourite class. Whether it’s one-on-one sessions, workshops, or special events, maximise your earning potential for a sustainable business model. Some of our suppliers on BUA get delegated business that pays up to £500 per class.
11. Set Up E-Commerce for Seamless Operations: Streamline client onboarding, business operations, insurance, and gain access to a comprehensive business dashboard through an integrated e-commerce system. A dedicated support team ensures that you have assistance whenever needed, allowing you to focus on what matters most – your clients and your passion.
12. Build a Sustainable Business: Building a wellness and fitness business is not just about survival – it’s about sustainability. By reducing costs, saving time, and mitigating risks, these solutions ensure that your venture can thrive in the long run.
13. Be Accountable: Building a business takes time, energy and patience. You need to give yourself 12 months. Nobody can make anyone book into your class but you. We encourage you to work on inspiring people to try your class and PUT IN THE WORK! At all costs avoid uploading a class to the market and hoping someone books. Sell, market, promote and repeat.Give the market an irresistible offer with a credit pack or subscription deal.
Innovative solutions, including an integrated e-commerce system, can propel your wellness and fitness business to new heights, making your dreams of entrepreneurship a reality.
BUA means ‘victory’ and we empower our fitness trainers, teachers, coaches, and instructors to succeed. We will invest in your success and give you all the tools you need to win for £150 per year!!
Speak to our team today and we wish you the very best of luck!
Book Outdoor & Online Classes
Keep it interesting and convenient. Choose from over 100 fitness partners in incredible outdoor locations throughout London.Join BUA for free
Partner with us
We invest in your sucesss. Build your income and wellness brand at lower risk. No rent. No marketing costs. Find your classes on the first page of Google.Get Set Up